I thought I would share my five favorite "must see" seasonal movies:
5. Christmas Vacation - Classic Chevy Chase and my personal favorite of all the Vacation movies.
4. The Homecoming - This is my "when I was your age" movie even though I never lived on a farm or a mountain, never had six brothers and sisters, never walked to school and was never that poor. I'm older than the kids, so I figure I'm entitled to claim it.
3. A Christmas Carol - Although this movie has been made and remade a dozen times, my favorite is the 1951 version with Alastair Sim as Ebenezer Scrooge.
2. It's A Wonderful Life - This is the one you want on in the background when you're wrapping presents.
1. A Christmas Story - Ralphie is like part of the family and we all cried when Darren McGavin died back in 2006.
This was tough for me because I could have easily made a list of twenty that we watch almost every year, but I decided to go with these. You know that feeling you get on the way to the airport when you're leaving for vacation, that "what am I forgetting" feeling? Well, these are the five movies that give me that inkling of panic if I don't watch them before the stroke of midnight on Christmas night.
Of course we are always on the lookout for new Christmas movie ideas, so I would love to hear which movies your family enjoys during the holidays so I can add them to my list. Well, come on, I know you all have an opinion...
P.S. NaNo was a bust for me but congrats to all of you that have won or will by the end of the day. I did get quite a bit written on my current MS, more than I would have without the NaNo support, so I thank all of my cheerleaders for that.