First I want to thank Ellie and Jeremy for co-hosting today. This one was a lot of fun to put together.
I'll admit I lean more toward Horror, so the quotes for that genre outnumber my SciFi quotes six to four. At least I think they do. One of these could be considered both. Can you guess which one?
My quotes in no particular order...
|Night Of The Living Dead ~1968|
1. "They're coming for you, Barbara." Although I hadn't been born when it came out, Night Of The Living Dead is my favorite classic horror movie. Not only are there zombies, but it has one of the best endings ever.
|Terminator ~ 1984|
2. "I'll be back." A very buff Arnold Schwarzenegger and Michael Biehn - both naked. Need I say more?
|Hellraiser ~ 1987|
3. "Jesus wept." Okay, nothing Oscar worthy here, but Pinhead was a masterpiece.
|The Empire Strikes Back ~ 1980|
4. "Do or do not. There is no try." Who doesn't love Yoda speak? I remember sneaking my tape recorder into the theater and capturing the whole movie on cassette. Then I went home, copied the script word for word on paper and recreated a recording of the whole movie playing all the parts myself and using my Atari for the sound effects. I still have it.
|Jaws ~ 1975|
5. "You're gonna need a bigger boat." I don't know about you, but I haven't been in the ocean since.
|The Matrix ~ 1999|
6. "Hello, Mr. Anderson." I still can't decide whether I would have chosen the blue pill or the red one.
|Nightmare On Elm Street ~ 1984|
7. "Whatever you do, don't fall asleep." Freddy Krueger scared the crap out of me, I'll admit it. I thought about him lying in bed at night a helluva lot more than I thought about my boyfriend.
|Aliens ~ 1986|
8. "Get away from her, you bitch!" Ah, Ripley. A badass chic with a heart of gold. Oh, and Michael Biehn again, but sadly, not naked.
|Galaxy Quest ~ 1999|
9. "Never give up, never surrender." My kids and I love Galaxy Quest, and this quote by Commander Taggert is my mantra to this day.
|Scream ~ 1996|
10. "What's your favorite scary movie?" Scream revived the horror genre in my opinion. Creepy, smart and fun.
So there you have it. Did any of my choices make your list?
You should visit everyone else's lists. That's what I'm doing right now.