11

Thankful And Looking Forward


Dropping in from my hiatus to express my gratitude to those of you who have "checked in" on me cyberwise and to also wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving.

I've been perusing your blogs, and I'm constantly entertained by all of your witty, wise and heartfelt posts about everything from writing to parenting to relationships and beyond.

Along with Christmas decorations (which I'll be putting up tomorrow), this time of year brings out all of the new reading challenge posts for the remainder of 2011 as well as the year to come. As I've almost reached my Goodreads goal of fifty books this year (only one to go!), I thought I would get my goals in writing for the upcoming month to keep my scattered brain on track.

I'm going for the "Buddy The Elf" level and planning on reading 5-9 holiday themed books before the end of December.

I'm aiming for the "Serial Mistleto-er" level here.

I'm going with the "Christmas Tree" level on this one which is 5 or more holiday books by January 6th. And I'll probably throw in the "Fa La La La Films" bonus level because who doesn't like Christmas movies?

I've already got some wonderful books lined up to read:

Holidays On Ice by David Sedaris
Miss Read's Christmas by Dora Saint
Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle
A Christmas Memory & One Christmas by Truman Capote
A Child's Christmas In Wales by Dylan Thomas
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
The Gift Of The Magi by O. Henry
The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg

I'll be returning to regular Tuesday and Thursday posts starting December 6th. Talk to you all soon!

11 comments:

Golden Eagle said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

I love The Polar Express--it's such a great book. And Let It Snow is sweet. :)

PT Dilloway said...

I don't think I've ever read a holiday themed book.

dolorah said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Lisa :) Congrats on meeting your reading goals.

I'm looking forward to another year of great posts from you . .

..........dhole

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa. Christmas decs up in November? Now that's festive :O)
You are great at finding all the reading challenges. I am sure you will succeed with getting through the list. I've started getting out library books which is fun, though I do love owning my own books.

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa! *waves* So glad to see you join the BLI Holiday Reading Challenge! :-)

Good luck with the challenge, have fun! :-)

Jackie said...

Hi Lisa! I am visiting you from the christmas holiday reading challenge . I saw your link and I like your blog so I thought I'd connect to you and am now a follower !

Alyce said...

Pretty much the only Christmas themed books I read are children's books, because they're so fun to read to my boys. :)

I'm also stopping by to say that you won a book on my site (Tighter by Adele Griffin). I just sent you an email but wanted to leave a comment too just in case the email gets snagged by the spam filter. Congrats!

Christine said...

Hi Lisa!
I just joined the BLI Holiday Reading Challenge, too. I have the YA Christmas anthology Let it Snow on my reading list, too!
Good luck!

erica and christy said...

I've read a few of these, but missed Let it Snow. I'll have to check it out! Happy Holidays!
erica

Julie Flanders said...

I didn't know about these challenges, how fun! Great to see you popping in, and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. :)

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I'm so late, but I wanted to officially welcome you to the challenge. You have some great titles lined up. I have read all, or most of them. I hope you enjoy them all!

Happy Christmas Reading!

Back to Top