Better late than never, I always say! I got my days mixed up and thought this was supposed to post tomorrow. Try as I might, I couldn't come up with 12 things I disliked enough to talk about, but I did want to mention my top five:
1. All those self-righteous people who say, “You're not finished Christmas shopping yet?!” You know the ones. The aspiring Martha Stewarts who not only finished buying presents in November but who also make their Christmas cookies from scratch and string popcorn for their trees.
2. Non-peppermint candy canes - who thought this was a good idea?
3. The Bell Ringers – This is not a reflection on The Salvation Army as a whole, just the internal conversation all these “Santas” stimulate every time I pass them on my way to spend money that I don't really have (or would rather be saving to spend on myself later). Oh gawd, do I have any change? Is it wrong to give a handful of pennies? Look at him with that smug smile on his face. I bet he hasn't put any money into that kettle thingy. How does he know I didn't give to the last guy I passed? Don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact, don't...sh!t, now I have to give him something. They better not change shifts while I'm in the store because if I have to go through it again with a new guy, he's getting this gum wrapper.
4. Remakes of classic Christmas songs - As much as this will break my daughter's heart, I don't want to hear Justin Bieber sing anything, but especially not a Christmas classic like The Christmas Song. Don't mess with tradition.
5. The local mall - I suggest avoiding it completely between September and February. Amazon RULES!
May all of us finish our Christmas shopping before Christmas Eve (that's what I'm shooting for anyway).
Have a great weekend!