0

FIRST POST

Reasons I started this blog:

1. I want to document my journey.

2. I want to rediscover my voice.

I have come to a point in my life where I feel like a fraud. Happy to coast through day to day as a mom, a daughter, a sister, a friend and a co-worker. It's not that I don't love being all of those things, I do, but up to this point I have been defined by who I am to others instead of who I am.

Back in high school, I thought I knew exactly who that person was and what I wanted; college, marriage, career and kids. Happily ever after.

Well, the marriage interrupted the college. I had what my twenty-year-old brain thought was a pretty decent job with numerous chances for advancement, so I could skip that pesky degree, right?

The kids interrupted the marriage. To be fair to the aforementioned kids, we did kinda decide to have them, but all of you married-with-children out there know the dynamic definitely changes after those bundles of joy come along.

The job tanked three years later, the marriage tanked thirteen years after that, and now my teenage son, tween daughter and I are on our own. Of course we couldn't do it without much help from my incredible mom and my ultra supportive brother.

I'm in a place now that allows me to set out on this path to reconnect with who I really am through my writing, something I truly love. I have already met some fantastic new friends and writers the past couple of years. What a wonderful group of people. Truly amazing.

I am excited about this journey and hope to discover a lot of things along the way including love, happiness and my elusive muse.

0 comments:

Back to Top