0

Planning or Procrastination?

I'm a planner. No doubt about it. I plan everything down to the last detail. Lists are my life and when I'm not writing one, I'm keeping a running one in my head. At. All. Times. Well, I do sleep...but sometimes I dream about stuff I need to put on a list. Let me tell ya, it's exhausting!

But planning is good, or so I've been told. Lots of people have said so,
He who fails to plan, plans to fail.

If you don't have a plan for yourself, you'll be part of someone else's.

Here's the thing. I've come to realize that I list so I don't have to actually DO
the things on the list. I get to feel like I'm doing something important without DOING anything. It's like spending all of your time on duotrope.com (LOVE you guys) without submitting anything to anyone. Sadly, that is procrastination.
Procrastination is the grave in which opportunity is buried.

And my favorite,
Procrastination is like Masturbation; in the end you're just screwing yourself.

I will try harder, be stronger and stop procrastinating. This blog will help me do that. I am planning committed to doing at least three posts per week. Now maybe that new WIP will become a finished manuscript that I can send queries out for, hook my dream agent and get published. Not like I'm making a list or anything.

0 comments:

Back to Top