12

Death, Love and Blogging

Just a quick note to let you all know that I'm working hard on my Derby posts and a phenomenal contest to go along with them. I think you'll like it.

Hearts broke across Indiana last night as the Butler Bulldogs fell in the NCAA final to the UConn Huskies, although after watching the game I'm not sure either team really looked like championship material.

I spent the day tidying up my Google Reader. I found over thirty blogs that had died at the end of last year. I always check for hiatus notification posts before deleting them, but was surprised at the number since the last time I cleaned up my feed. It seems very sad to me for some reason and I can only hope they were all whisked away to something bigger and better.

I've enjoyed reading the A to Z Challenge posts that all of my blogging buddies have been writing. If you're still on track, good for you, and if you're not, well, that's okay too. I still love you.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having a productive non A-Z blogging time. Thanks for the love :O)

Miranda Hardy said...

I need to go through the lisst of blogs I follow. I know I'll find some not posting.

Old Kitty said...

Yay for some blog love!!!!

Take care
x

PT Dilloway said...

What's a derby post? And I think I'll be going on a shooting rampage by the time we reach "Q." You know, I stopped watching Sesame Street like 28 years ago.

Lisa Potts said...

Madeleine, I wouldn't go so far to say it's productive, but I've gotten some things crossed off my list.

J.L, you'd probably be surprised by how many.

Kitty, I figure blog love is always a good thing.

RM, I'm going to be doing a week or two of posts about the Kentucky Derby and the festival we have here leading up to it.

I'll check back in with you around April 20th in case you need "talking down". I'll leave Big Bird at home, though.

Regina said...

Makes me think I need to clean out my blogger now. :)

J.L. Campbell said...

I need to do some housekeeping too. Love the cartoon!

Unknown said...

This title cracked me up! :D
And yeah, there are many blogs dying out there, it's sad :(

Carol Riggs said...

Tidying up Google Reader! What a great idea. I wonder if I should do that (how do you tell if they're "dead"?) Yes, that would be/is sad!

Have a great week. :)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I really should tidy up my google reader... I just don't have the time to go through that many blogs! lol.

Summer Ross said...

I cleaned out mine right before the A-Z challenge started and was really surprised by all the ones I had that were broken links of had died somehow.

Ellie Garratt said...

I went through google reader before the challenge started and found about 20 of the blogs I was following had gone :(

Ellie Garratt

Back to Top