9

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Go Back In The Water

                 A picture taken last year at Thunder showing the fireworks rainbow
                         coming off of the bridge connecting Indiana and Kentucky.

One of the largest annual fireworks displays in North America, Thunder over Louisville, kicks off the Kentucky Derby festival this weekend and Old Man Winter is not cooperating. The high temperature is predicted to be forty-two degrees. Burrrrrr. I guess the 700,000 people who normally head to the festivities will have to bundle up, myself and the kids included.

I managed to snag the mystery prize pack from the Write Hope auction and will gleefully let you all know what I receive as soon as it arrives. I LOVE surprises!

I want to direct you to a wonderful blog post by Steph Sinkhorn. It's all about common YA cliches and how to avoid them.

Cherie is hosting a flash fiction blogfest on May 6th. You should all sign up. It's going to be a blast.

I'm a bit off my game this week and I apologize in advance for not having a more entertaining entry today.

Until next time...

9 comments:

Trisha said...

I love that image up there :)

PT Dilloway said...

I hope the horses aren't near the fireworks. That would freak them out.

Cherie Reich said...

The picture is awesome! I love fireworks displays. Thank you for mentioning my blog fest too. I appreciate it. :)

Summer Ross said...

I have her blogfest set up on my page. :) I hope you have fun at the firworks

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Lisa,

Too bad about the weather. Bummer. Hey, I plan to by driving through Louisville on my way back to Chicago... Maybe we can meet for a quick cup of coffee. I'd love to meet you.

Michael

Lydia Kang said...

Those fireworks colors are amazing! Congrats on the mystery prize pack. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow that water rainbow is awesome! Congrats on the prize. How exciting! You have a blog award over at mine :O)

Amie Kaufman said...

I was having a great time guessing what the Write Hope mystery item was. Make sure you tell us when it arrives!

Regina said...

That is a very beautiful sight. Someday I might see it in person!

Back to Top