Here's the deets. The challenge is to read as many Newbery and Printz award winners or nominees as you can squeeze in between Memorial Day and Labor Day- May 30th until September 5th.
There will be 4 levels of participation-
Level 1- Underachiever: Read 3 books
Level 2- Nerd: Read 6 books
Level 3- Brainiac: Read 9 books
Level 4- Teacher's Pet: Read 12 books
No matter which level you chose to participate in, you must read at least one book from each of the award lists. You can focus primarily on one or the other, but there must be at least one Printz honor/award and one Newbery honor/award.
And there are prizes, people! This is co-sponsored by Ashley at Books From Bleh To Basically Amazing and Jacinda at The Reading Housewives so I want to thank them both for this extra incentive to clear out my TBR stack.
I've signed up at the Brainiac level and the nine books I'm planning on reading are:
- When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Bridge To Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
- Going Bovine by Libba Bray
- On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
- Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
Have you read any of these? Did any of them make your favorites list? Are there any award winners I'm missing out on that I should add to my list?