10. If you constantly tell your kids to "show not tell" when they begin to relay their daily adventures...you might be a writer.
9. If you're often seen mumbling to yourself or beating your head against the desk while staring at a stark white Word document...you might be a writer.
8. If you correct the grammatical errors in your supervisor's email and send it back to her as a critique...you might be a writer.
7. If your trip to the bookstore has at any time lasted more than five hours or involved squeeing or crying...you might be a writer.
6. If you stare into space trying to think of a word to describe that tree branch up there while the person you are with attempts to carry on a conversation...you might be a writer.
5. If you secretly hope your blind date goes horribly wrong so you'll be able to submit it as a flash fiction piece to that humorous magazine you found last week on Duotrope...you might be a writer.
4. If you cut the fingertips off all of your winter gloves...you might be a writer.
3. If you spit on your friend's copy of Snooki's new novel, not only because trees were harmed unnecessarily in the making of it, but because your first attempt at a romance novel, which now sits covered with dust bunnies under your bed, is better...you might be a writer.
2. If you've dated a librarian, not because you particularly like him, but because you see him more than anyone else...you might be a writer.
And the number one sign that you might be a writer...
1. You immediately look for U,E,R and Y when you discover you've drawn a Q during your family scrabble game.
I may or may not have done one or all of the things on this list. As my daughter used to say, "I'm not telling and you can't make me."
Until next time...