11

Christmas Traditions

Every year, the kids and I venture out into the cold for our Family Fun Day. This usually takes place the week before Christmas after the shopping is done and the cookies are made. We always go out to eat, take in a movie and then head over to one of the mega-malls in our neighboring state of Kentucky to people watch (meaning laugh at those last minute shoppers who are running around desperate to fine the thing their spouse, child, parent asked for six months ago which is now sold out everywhere. Hey, don't judge.).

Any other year, I would know exactly what movie we were going to see, when it starts and where I'm going to park. But this year has been different, for various reasons, and I haven't kept up with the movies that are out or soon will be. So I need your help.

Bear in mind my kids are ten and thirteen so R rated movies are to be avoided, although I'm dying to see Love And Other Drugs. I've narrowed it down to three choices:
So if you've seen any of these movies, let me know what you thought. If you haven't, let me know which one you want to see. And if I've left something off of the list that you highly recommend, please tell me about it.

In other news,
Soon to be single! *drool*

11 comments:

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Christmas traditions that involve seeing movies and making cookies sounds like the best ones ever. I haven't seen any of these movies, but I do highly recommend You Again? and Inception. They're both really good, and You Again would be very enjoyable for kids, and nothing bad in it at all.

Kari Marie said...

I think this is my first comment on your blog, although i've been following you for a while. I love the design ;)

Your holiday traditions sound wonderful. All of the movies you listed are my list. I have heard Tangled is delightful. I enjoyed the first two installments of Narnia as well.

Su said...

Narnia is on my list for this weekend! Although I've heard good things about Tangled.

Amie Kaufman said...

Lord, you've finished your shopping? I don't even know if we can be friends. Except I need organised friends, so excuse me while I cling to you.

I've heard great things about Tangled, though here in Australia we're going to have to wait a little while longer to see it. Personally, though, I'm a Narnia girl through and through.

Joanna St. James said...

can't u just watch all three? but start with tangled.
I spotted La Reynolds 1st way b4 the scar incident so lets be civil abt this everybody leave him for moi.
Merry Christmas

Hart Johnson said...

Both daughters? If so, I'd go with Tangled--if one or more is a son, Tron... I've only seen Trailers, not the movies, but they both look great... and I am admittedly a little biased on the Narnia front because my kids (15 and 12) talk like they're annoying--I think they are just in the gap age--know how some movies you love as a kid and an adult, but in the middle somewhere you think you have to be all grown up...

Sarah Ahiers said...

I haven't seen Tron yet (though i want to) but i will straight up say that Tangled will not steer you wrong. It is excellent

Regina said...

I really want to see Tangled. But I don't know if I will get to see it before the holiday.

Sad, but I agree with the drool. Yes, I read that too. I'll adopt him if he needs a good home.;)

Lisa Potts said...

Karen, I hadn't thought about You Again. That might be a good one.

Kari, so glad you've been enjoying the blog! That puppy pic is SO cute.

Su, I still haven't decided. I've heard wonderful things about both.

Amie, haven't finished all of it, but only a couple gift certificates left. Amazon is my friend.

Joanna, we'll probably see them all eventually, but with tickets prices plus popcorn and drinks we have to limit the
trips to the theater.

Hart, boy and girl, and they don't agree on anything. I know exactly what you mean by the "gap" age.

Sarah, Tangled has gotten the best reviews of all three. Hmmm...

Regina, regarding Ryan, I hear ya.

Faith said...

Tangled was fantastic!!! My husband really enjoyed it too, we both laughed out loud quite a few times.

Tron and Narnia are next up... I'm really excited to see both of them!

Unknown said...

Haven't seen any of those movies yet, but I'm excited about Tangle. It looks really cute.

Back to Top