6

Manic Monday

Happy Monday, everyone! I'm sure you are as happy to be back to the grind as I am. Ah, the joys of nine-to-five.

I did receive a wonderful surprise from a co-worker earlier, a Texas Milk Chocolate cupcake.
Yummmmmmmmmy























Today is also National Toasted Marshmallow Day!















We should all celebrate by having a s'more.

Fun fact: The first recorded version of the recipe, originally called "some more", can be traced back to a Girl Scout publication from 1927. Way to go , ladies.

On a more distressing note, I have nothing to read. If you are a friend of mine on Goodreads (if you're not, I'd love you to become one. Just clicky on that link at the top of the page) you know I have about eighty wonderful books on my "to-read" list. I don't, however, have any of them in my hot little hands at the moment and I was unable to make it to the library this weekend (lamentations abound).

I did happen to snag a signed copy of Dangerous Neighbors by Beth Kephart from Marissa and Martina and an ARC of Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin from Sara through their wonderful blog contests, so all hope is not lost, just delayed. I guess I could work extra hard on that little novel I'm writing in the meantime.

So what are you reading? Have you won any contests lately?

6 comments:

Jessica Love said...

Thanks for stopping by my new blog! :-D And OMG I want that cupcake.

PT Dilloway said...

I went to the used bookstore to buy a couple of cheap books this weekend. That and what I get for free from Amazon Vine usually means I don't have to go to the library, which is miles away in the wrong direction usually.

Lisa Potts said...

Jessica, OMG it was soooo rich, but well worth it.

RM, I love our local used book store, but our library sales are even cheaper. It would be nice to be able to afford shiny new books from the independent book store, but I'm just not there at the moment.

Tessa Quin said...

Dear Lisa,

I think your blogs are fantastic and I've decided to award you the Versatile Blogger and One Lovely Blog Awards. Congrats, you deserve them! (See them on my page and copy them to yours, if you wish)

Tessa :)

Lisa Potts said...

Thanks, Tessa! After the sour milk in my coffee this morning, I thought the day would be less than stellar, but then you came along and perked it right up!

Tessa Quin said...

Hehe, glad to be of service.

Back to Top